Q: Inaccuracies in PCR sequencing and genetic variability

Daniel GAUTHERET gauthere at gauss.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu Feb 13 03:46:35 EST 1997

I bet this issue has already been debated, but I can't find any relevant
data
in the litterature. So here it is:
Direct sequencing of PCR products often yields sequences with many
inaccuracies (Ns). Can we say that the position of these undefined
nucleotides is related to actual genetic variation at these particular
sites?

Thank you.

Daniel Gautheret

--
CNRS - IGS - 31 ch. Joseph Aiguier - 13 402 Marseille Cedex 20 - France
Tel: (33) (0)4 91 16 45 48 - Fax: (33) (0)4 91 16 45 49