Seeking PostDoc Genetics(plant)

ShriJ shrij at aol.com
Sat Feb 15 19:09:04 EST 1997

Hi,

I am a Genetics / Tissue Culture Scientist working at Vasant Dada
Sugarcane Institute , India, which  is one of the pioneer institute in
India in Genetics/ Tissue Culture Research. I am looking for an
opportunity to work in genetics research organization.

After completing my Master Of Science (MSc.) in Agriculture, I have done
Ph. D. in Agriculture Botany with specialization in Tissue Culture. After
completing my Ph. D. I have done more than 3 years of research work in the
field of Genetics/Tissue Culture.

Please find an update copy of my resume with references.  You can reach me
by e-mail (shrij at aol.com). Since, I am in India you can also contact with
my brother in California, USA (Ph: 510-581-6223). I'll be happy to provide
more information if required.

Thanking you.

Your's sincerely,

Dr. (Mrs.) Shubhangi Salokhe

Atrtach : Resume

                       DR. (MRS.) SHUBHANGI SUNIL SALOKHE

                             C-13, Melody,
                             Bhosale Nagar,
                             PUNE - 411007, INDIA
                             Tel.  91-212-329088
______________

OBJECTIVE	: Challenging research opportunity  in GENETICS / TISSUE
CULTURE (Plants)

QUALIFICATION 	: 1. DOCTORATE OF PHILOSOPHY, Ph.D. in AGRICULTURAL BOTANY
with specialization
                     in TISSUE CULTURE. Graduated with Cumulative Grade
Point Average of 3.62
                     in the Four Point Scale, in Jan. '94 from Panjabrao
Krishi University,
                     Akola (Maharashtra), INDIA.

		     Achievement:
		     a. First Lady of University who has been awarded this
degree.
		     b. First lady of Maharashtra State, India who has
Ph.D. in TISSUE CULTURE

		  2. MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSc.) in AGRICULTURAL BOTANY with
specialization in
                                 GENETICS & PLANT BLEEDING. Jun '89,
Panjabrao Krishi University, Akola,
                                 INDIA. Graduated with GPA of 3.86 (Four
Point Scale)

		     Achievement : Awarded Merit Scholarship from
Department

		  3. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSc.) in AGRICULTURE, Jun '87
    		     College Of Agriculture, Akola, INDIA
    		     Graduated with GPA 3.46 (Four Point Scale)

EXPERIENCE 	: 1. Working as SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER in VASANT DADA
SUGAR INSTITUTE, PUNE
                                 (One of the pioneer institutes in
Sugarcane Research in India)
                                  Sept. '93 - Till date
		     Achievement : Standardized technique of
micropropogation of sugarcane

		  2. Worked as PROFESSOR OF SCIENCE at Jyoti Jr. College,
Akola, India
                                  Jun. '89-Apr.'93

PROJECTS        : 1. Successfully completed a thesis on "TISSUE CULTURE
STUDIES IN TOMATO"
                              (Lycopersicon esculentum mill) during
doctoral studies.
  		  2. Successfully completed a thesis on "SINGLE TESTER
TRIPLE TEST - CROSS
                                 ANALYSIS IN SAFFLOWER" (Carthamus
tinctorious L.) during post graduation.
		     This thesis was accepted at THIRD INTERNATIONAL
SAFFLOWER CONFERENCE,
                                 BEIJING, CHINA Jun. 14-18, '93.

PROF.  COURSES: 1. Completed course in AGAMARK CHEMICAL ANALYSIS (Quality
Systems - Model
                                 for Quality Assurance to check
adulteration in food)
		  2. Participant of ENTREPRENEUR DEVELOPMENT
PROGRAM,sponsored by Department
                                 of Science & Technology (Govt. Of India)
Mar. '89 - May '89
		  3. Courses on Computer Application Packages

EXT. CURRICULAR: 1. Ladies Representative of Panjabrao Krishi University
(88-89)
                               2. Active participation in Sports, Drama &
Cultural activities

HOBBIES         :     Gardening, Painting and alert reading of Journals &
Magazines.

REFERENCES :      1. DR. P.S. RAO
		     (Member Of Department Of Science & Technology, Govt.
of India)
		     Head of Plant Bio-Technology Section,
		     Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai, India
		     Tel : Off. 91-22-5563060 (Ext. 2329)
         	                   Res.91-22-5565523

		  2. DR. R. S. RAUT
		     Production Chief
		     Maharashtra Seeds Corporation,
		     Akola, India
		     Tel: Off.  91-724-24928
       		     Res. 91-724-24794

		  3. Mr. U. B. JANAOLKAR
		     President, Jyoti Jr. College, Akola, India
		     Tel: Off 91-724-29232
      		     Res. 91-724-24591