non-radioactive labeling

Frank Maiwald maiwald at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Feb 28 10:12:08 EST 1997

Hi, all,

I want to screen a barley cDNA / genomic library (in lambda phages) for
differential gene expression using a subtracted cDNA probe. I would like
to label it non-radioactively using PCR. Can anybody give me hints on
which system to use, e.g. DIG, biotin, fluorescein? Which detection
method would you recommend (colorimetric, light emission)? Would you
recommend a non-radioactive approach at all or rather use isotope
labeling?
I appreciate any (subject related) comment.
Thanks in advance,
						Frank

p.s. Please answer preferably by email.