Richard Dawkins and hypocrisy

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at
Mon Jan 13 20:33:13 EST 1997

Then dh201 at wrote:
> I always thought that both of them are theories.

Right on. Change in species over observable time is a *fact*.

Evolution by natural selection is one explanation of this fact.
Manipulation of species by a creator is another explanation.

Some people believe *both* that there is a creator, *and* that the
creator has allowed evolution by natural selection to proceed. There's
actually room for a lot of overlap between these two ideas - they are by
*no* means mutually exclusive.

Personally, I can understand the evidence for natural selection better
than the evidence for the Christian god - he seems rather arbitrary and
unfathomable... but then, a god *would*, wouldn't he? ;-)

Suszuki GS page: