P450/bionet.molecules.p450 is ready!

BIOSCI Administrator biohelp at net.bio.net
Wed Jan 22 02:01:00 EST 1997

The P450/bionet.molecules.p450 newsgroup is ready for operation.
Please save these usage instructions for future reference!!

All BIOSCI/bionet newsgroups are now accessible via the World Wide
Web.  Please go to URL http://www.bio.net and click on the "Access the
BIOSCI/bionet Newsgroups" option and then click on the
P450/bionet.molecules.p450 hyperlink.  You can read, reply to, or post
new messages through our Web site if your Web browser is configured
properly to send e-mail.

If you prefer to use your local USENET newsreader, PLEASE NOTE that
many USENET sites do not allow automatic creation of new USENET
groups!!!  If you do not see bionet.molecules.p450 in your newsreader
within another day or two, ask your news system administrator to act
on our "newgroup" message to enable the group at your site.  We have
already done several tests and are certain that the group is currently
propagating around the network.  If he/she can not find the newsgroup
message, have them retrieve the bionet checkgroups message from URL

ftp://net.bio.net/pub/BIOSCI/doc/bionet-checkgroups-msg

This file contains the latest list of bionet USENET newsgroups and can
be used to update your bionet distribution.  If the newgroup did not
arrive at your site, it may also be necessary for your news
administrator to contact the upstream computer site providing you with
your newsfeed and determine if they acted on the newgroup message.

Subscribing to this group:
might also try the command "g bionet.molecules.p450" in rn-like
newsreaders.

IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE BY EMAIL AND IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN EUROPE,
AFRICA, OR CENTRAL ASIA: please send the word

help

in the body of your message to MXT at dl.ac.uk to retrieve general server
usage instructions.  To subscribe to the P450 list, first be sure that
you are sending mail from the address at which you wish to receive
news postings, and then send the command

SUB bionet-news.bionet.molecules.p450

to MXT at dl.ac.uk.  This message will be automatically read by the
computer and your e-mail address will be extracted from the mail
header and added to the list.

IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE BY EMAIL AND IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE
AMERICAS OR THE PACIFIC RIM: log in to the computer account in which
you would like to receive mail (not an account that you use
infrequently) and send a mail message to the Internet address

biosci-server at net.bio.net

Leave the Subject: line of the message blank and enter the following
line into the body of the mail message:

subscribe p450

This message will be automatically read by our computer and your
e-mail address will be extracted from the mail header and added to the
list.

Canceling your subscription:
----------------------------

IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN EUROPE, AFRICA, OR CENTRAL ASIA: first be sure
that you are sending mail from the address at which you signed up to
receive news postings, and then send the command (in the body of your
mail message)

UNSUB bionet-news.bionet.molecules.p450

to MXT at dl.ac.uk.  This message will be automatically read by the
computer and your e-mail address will be extracted from the mail
header and removed from the list.

IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE AMERICAS OR THE PACIFIC RIM: send a message
to biosci-server at net.bio.net exactly as described above for
subscribing except include the text

unsubscribe p450

in the body of the message.  Please be sure to send the message from
the account whose address matches the one on the list.  If your
address differs, we will be notified automatically and will remove you
manually from the list if we can determine what was your old address.
Please contact biosci-help at net.bio.net if you have problems.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM:
----------------------

Please send a message to one of the following addresses depending upon
your location

Address                              Location
-------                              --------
biosci at daresbury.ac.uk               Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
biosci-help at net.bio.net              Americas and the Pacific Rim

and someone on the staff will help you.  PLEASE DO NOT send mail to
our personal e-mail addresses as this will delay a response to your
request for help.

How to post a message to the group:
-----------------------------------

You can read, reply to, or post new messages through our Web site if
your Web browser is configured properly to send e-mail.  Just click on
the appropriate mailto: hypertext links containing the newsgroup
mailing address which is listed below.

If you use news, simply post a message into bionet.molecules.p450.  Be
sure to set your "distribution" to "world" or else the message might
not leave your site!!

To post by e-mail, mail your message to one of the following addresses
depending upon your location:

Posting Address                      Location
you will bother everyone on the newsgroup!!!

How to reply to a message on the group:
---------------------------------------

If you are replying to a message on our WWW site, simply click on the
newsgroup mailing address which should appear as a hyperlink on the
To: header line of the message that you are reading if you want to
send a public reply.  If you want to reply privately, click on the
sender's e-mail address which is a hyperlink on the From: line of the
message.  Your Web browser may allow you to "quote" the original
message, i.e., include the text that you are replying to in your
response.  Please edit out unneeded text to minimize consumption of
hardware and network resources.

If you are using a newsreader, simply use the reply or follow-up
command on your newsreader (these vary from program to program) to
send either private or public replies.

If you are using e-mail, replies to messages that you receive will
*NOT* be automatically returned to the group.  This is the standard
for Internet mailing lists as opposed to BITNET LISTSERVs which often
send all replies back to everyone.  You must be certain that your
reply contains either of the two newsgroup posting addresses above in
your message header if you want to share it with everyone on the
group.  Otherwise in most cases your reply may go back to only the
original poster of the message to which you are replying.

ALWAYS be certain that you examine the address on your messages before
you send them!!!  Once a message is sent there is no way to cancel it
or bring it back!!!  Some non-Internet compliant mail systems may
attempt to send replies to our error-trapping address called
BIOSCI-REQUEST.  If yours does this, please be sure to readdress your
message to p450 at net.bio.net or p450 at daresbury.ac.uk if you want to
send it to the newsgroup.

How to look at archives of the list:
------------------------------------

Archives for P450/bionet.molecules.p450 are available on the World
Wide Web at URL http://www.bio.net.  Please look under the "Access the
BIOSCI/bionet Newsgroups" hypertext link and then click on the
P450/bionet.molecules.p450 hyperlink.  Each monthly archive directory
is assigned a date such as 9509 for September 1995.  You can read,
reply to, or post new messages through our Web site if your Web
browser is configured properly to send e-mail.  Postings to
bionet.molecules.p450 are also indexed and can be searched at our
site.

Once again, if you have any administrative questions that require
personal assistance, please address them to biosci-help at net.bio.net in
the U.S. or biosci at daresbury.ac.uk in the UK.

Best wishes for a successful newsgroup!

				Sincerely,