jurassic park

Dan Holdsworth drh92 at aber.ac.uk
Fri Jan 24 12:50:15 EST 1997

In article <5bo9qe$ld7 at helios.medsci.udel.edu>,
landel at helios.medsci.udel.edu (Carlisle Landel) writes:
:In article <5bjf18$cqo at chaos.dac.neu.edu>,
:Joshua Mularella <jmularel at lynx.dac.neu.edu> wrote:
:>My name is Joshua Mularella and I'm a college junior doing a
:research
:>paper on the possibility, or lack thereof, of Jurassic Park. I have
:no
:>idea where to begin and was wondering if any of you had any opinion
:on
:>the matter. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Consider also the massive holes in the plot of the book.

Most animals stay away from electric fences once they've had their noses
fried once or twice. Dinosaurs had reptile-sized brains, and I find it
hard to credit that they could work out when an electric fence was on or off.

Secondly, using one computer to control ALL park systems shows either an
incredibly stable operating system, or a fool. Most places use local switches
for fencing, etc.

Thirdly, frog DNA to fill out the genome of something closer to a bird than
a frog, phylogenically speaking? I think not; the frog DNA was added only to
allow the dinosaurs to breed, and allow a nice sequel...

In short, most of the plot of Jurassic Park required the creators of the
park to be incredibly stupid and to do foolish things for no readily apparent
reason.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java
that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a
warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Dan Holdsworth, drh92 at aber.ac.uk **SPAMMERS WILL BE FILTERED**