Controlling Spam - Comment.

David B. Hedrick davidbhedrick at
Tue Jul 1 23:18:43 EST 1997

I am glad to read that an effort is being made to control (eliminate?)
spam and commercial postings.
	I also have a question I've been wondering about:  Are commercial
postings that are relevant to the newsgroup appropriate?  For example,
if someone advertized a microbial identification service in
<bionet.microbiology>.  On one hand, there may be things of value
offered.  On the other, it would make the moderation more difficult and
would open the door somewhat to spammers and other vermes.

Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
of chemistry and biology.

	davidbhedrick at

	David B. Hedrick
	P.O. Box 16082