Controlling Spam - Comment.

David B. Hedrick davidbhedrick at icx.net
Tue Jul 1 23:18:43 EST 1997

I am glad to read that an effort is being made to control (eliminate?)
spam and commercial postings.
	I also have a question I've been wondering about:  Are commercial
postings that are relevant to the newsgroup appropriate?  For example,
if someone advertized a microbial identification service in
<bionet.microbiology>.  On one hand, there may be things of value
offered.  On the other, it would make the moderation more difficult and
would open the door somewhat to spammers and other vermes.

--
		~DBH

Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
of chemistry and biology.

	davidbhedrick at icx.com

	David B. Hedrick
	P.O. Box 16082