imprtance of knowing 3d structure

Richard P Grant rgrant at see.sig.for.address
Fri Jul 11 06:34:37 EST 1997

Mr. G. Morley (gmorley at wrote:
}  I could gibber on a bit longer on this (we would not have to
} do x-ray crystalography anymore - which would save a lot of time and money)

Heh, time for a conspiracy theory.

There is a method for accurate prediction of tertiary structure, but it is
being suppressed by those with a vested interest in current methodology,
ie protein crystallographers and NMR chemists.

No, seriously, I have nothing against structure people, one of my best
friends wrote an NMR paper once...

Richard P. Grant  MA  DPhil          University of Oxford | rgrant at molbiol  FFPGP                |