Wanted/Ph.D. Biomedical Eng.

Stephane Methot methot at grbb.polymtl.ca
Wed Jul 30 20:45:09 EST 1997

Hello everyone!

My name is Stephane Methot and I am interested in persuing my education
with a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering.  I am looking for a Ph.D.
project related to the field of Tissue Engineering.
Here's a quick look at my background:

MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.S.)
	Biomedical Engineering, Specialized in Tissue Engineering
	Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal, Biomedical Eng.Institute

	RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC DIRECTOR AWARD, BEST MASTER THESIS 95-96
	Thesis Title: Optimization of the mechanical stimulation of ACL
fibroblasts for better healing and regeneration of ligaments in 		vitro
(French).
	Direction: L'Hocine Yahia, Ph.D. (Ecole Polytechnique)
	Codirection: Charles-Hilaire Rivard, M.D. (Ste-Justine Hospital)

BACHELOR IN ENGINEERING (B.ENG.)
	Mechanical Engineering, Specialized in Design and Manufacturing
	Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal

Since my master degree, I have completed a one year contract as a
research assistant for a new Montreal researd and development company
named:

BIO SYNTECH LTD.
	Project: Design of a bioreactor for in vitro culture and
regeneration of human cartilagenous tissue to solve problems 			caused
by severe arthritis and joint trauma.

SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS

S.Methot, E.A.DesRosiers, C.-H.Rivard, L'H.Yahia, III.2 Biochemical and
mechanical stimulation of knee fibroblasts for regeneration of ligaments
in vitro.  In: Yahia (ed.) Ligaments and Ligamentoplasties,
Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 343-365, 1996.

E.A.Desrosiers, S.Methot, L'H.Yahia, C.-H.Rivard, Ligaments fibroblasts
response to mechanical stimulation (French). Annales de Chirurgie,
49(8):768-774, 1995.

5 ORAL PRESENTATIONS: including SIROT (Amsterdam, 96) and CORS (San
Diego, 95).

4 SCIENTIFIC POSTER: including Second Word Congress of Biomechanics
(Amsterdam, 94) and SIROT (Boston, 94).

In addition to my strong background in Design & Manufacturing as well as
biomedical engineering, I offer significant experience in fields such as
cellular biology, cell culture, cell-biomaterial interactions, animal
procedures and laboratory techniques (radioactive labelling,
proliferation and cellular synthesis protocoles).

My academic background, research activities and many personal interests,
being very broad and diversified, gives me an edge to work in a
multidisciplinary field such as biomedical engineering and tissue
engineering.  I am a hard working and highly motivated student prepared
for a new challenge.

For further information (complete resume), questions or offers (Yeah!),
please contact me directly through my e-mail below.

Thank you for your time!

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused by sending this message.

Stephane Methot, B.Ing., M.Sc.A                       |
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal                      _/\o
Institut de Genie Biomedical                        / _/>  "Climb hard,
C.P. 6079, succ. Centre-Ville                       | /",   Fear is an
Montreal, P.Q., CANADA, H3C-3A7                    _/-,'    illusion"
Tel.: (514) 687-0148                             _/-,'
E at mail: methot at grbb.polymtl.ca                  /-,'