Little respect for doctors

ORAC dgorski at x-site.net
Tue Jun 17 09:16:54 EST 1997

In article <33A40397.6DFB at westol.com>, cheetles <cheetles at westol.com> wrote:

>Sheldon C.Y. Li wrote:
>>
>> dwyyu at hku.hk wrote:
>> >
>> > I have very little respect for doctors because they cheat money from
>> > patients, are incompetent, know nothing, and have a low moral character.
>> > Many nurses know more than family doctors, and yet doctors still
>> > continue to devour money from the public purse! It's time to stop!
>>
>> Do we have a case of doctor bashing here?
>
>I only get upset when I as a tech am treated as an idiot by a doctor
>with an attitude...I would like to be treated as the professional that I
>am....an I have noticed in my career that MANY residents are idiots.

As a doctor myself, I have noticed that many techs are idiots too. So are
many nurses, many residents, and ward clerks. On the flip side, there are
also many fantastic techs, residents, nurses, and ward clerks, too. In
fact, you can say the same things about human *beings* in general.

So what's your point?

--
MY E-MAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN SURGICALLY ALTERED TO HINDER SPAM TO ME.
TO GET AT MY REAL E-MAIL ADDRESS, DELETE THE HYPHEN!

ORAC                        |"A statement of fact cannot be
a.k.a.                      | insolent."   ORAC
David H. Gorski, M.D., Ph.D.|
Department of Surgery       |
University of Chicago       |