Little respect for people who stereotype doctors

Patrick R. Jones jonespr at fia.net
Thu Jun 19 11:48:05 EST 1997

I tried to resist the urge to do this but the temptation is to great.
Stereotypes aren't fair or even correct most of the time. They do however
tell us about the impression that others have about a group. Impressions
can be more powerful and telling than any truth. Doctors have a bad
reputation, as you can see by the posts. Maybe they should be analyzing the
complaints rather than defending their perfection. If there are doctors who
understand this and are trying to correct the problem (and I am sure there
are); you might want to try something else because what you are doing is
not working.  Please remember that it was your choice to become a doctor,
and I applaud you because I know that it requires a lot of dedication and
sacrifice, but real patients do not choose to need your help. So if you
don't like the way things are quit your complaining and "Physician heal thy
self".

ORAC <dgorski at x-site.net> wrote in article
<dgorski-1906971006480001 at maxreader.bsd.uchicago.edu>...