Little respect for doctors

Jason Moser mosejas at charlie.cns.iit.edu
Thu Jun 19 19:31:30 EST 1997

Lest we not forget one other source of antibiotic resistance: Many of my
foreign friends have told me that they can readily buy antibiotics at
home. After all, if we are one of the only countries actively
controlling antibiotic prescriptions then it will only slow down the
rate of increase in antibiotic resistance among microorganisms here.
Consider how easy worldwide travel is - not to mention that the US is
one of the top travel destinations.

Given the rate that these organisms reproduce, it is clear we will need
to find new antibiotics - literally until the end of time.

Jason Moser