Sources of antibiotic resistance (was Re: Little respect for doctors)

Steven B. Harris sbharris at
Sat Jun 21 12:59:42 EST 1997

In <dgorski-2006970902280001 at>
dgorski at (ORAC) writes:

>I was unaware that antibiotics were available over the counter in
>countries. I note that some very wimpy antibiotics are available over
>counter here, mainly in the form of creams or gels containing
neosporin or
>erythromycin, but very little else.

   You should visit Mexico for a pharmacological education.  Of course,
it isn't *all* other countries that are the problem here.  But many in
South America have just about all antibiotics OTC.