What is the most common genetic abnormally?

Lynne Jeffers lynne at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Jun 26 14:19:58 EST 1997

HH Awareness <c845a at geocities.com> writes:
>Re: What is the most commom genetic abnormally?

I'm curious if there is a real answer to this question...

But I've always thought nearsightedness was a pretty common inherited
"abnormality." I figured nearsightedness got selected out of populations
pretty quickly back in the days on the savannah... :-)  And it re-entered
human populations by mutation, and since we've had eyeglasses for the
past several hundred years, it hasn't been much of a criterion for
natural selection...

I have no basis whatsoever for these opinions. I just like contemplating
and speculating.

-Lynne