Students+Newgroups=Better wor and understanding?

Peter Wilson peter at commsci.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 07:20:23 EST 1997

I am on a MSc in Communicating Science and as part of this course we
have to look at the effect of a technology on teaching/learning.
I am doing my project on the use of news groups by pupils/students and
the effects that this has on the quality of the work produce by these
pupils.  I am also interested in how these pupils see the Internet
specifically news groups.  Do they see them as just a "Toy" or as a
useful resources that the can use?

I would like to hear from anyone with comments on this subject or that
has done any research into the use of the Internet in a learning
environment.

Thank you inadvance
--
Peter Wilson