Clinton vs human cloning : Bioethicist speaks?

Ralph Gainey sesame at MCN.ORG
Thu Mar 6 00:58:27 EST 1997

Here is an interesting exchange of internet letters on this subject...

Howard Olson, MA, Bioethicist wrote:
> >Rest assured he will be if people do not follow the
> >recommendations of his Inquisition oops I mean "Commission".

>Ralph Gainey wrote:

>> Dear Howard,
>> OK, Then he is only proposing a "commission" to study the question...so far..
>> What is so unethical about that? Let's not be presumptuous...maybe it's a
>> political ploy to impose more government control over our rights...maybe
>> not...in a totally free society [anarchy] an individual could clone
>> him/herself ten thousand times...what's the ethical position on that?

Howard Olson, MA, Bioethicist wrote:
>What part of "anarchy" don't you understand. It means NO
>government. That is my ethical position. The State is the most evil
>institution that has ever existed and has no business controlling lives.
>So what if someone clones themselves a MILLION times. It is non of
>anyones business. Don't botterh me with your moronic statist naievete.

> need to

Briskly, Algernon...but with a soft tread...for yon sleep the Men of
Reason...if they espy one with compassion and understanding, all our
forgiveness will not prevail against the shame, ridicule and abuse they will
heap upon us in defense of their territory...they are hard of heart, and
notoriously cruel...

                                  taken from Travels Among The Intellecti
                                    by Aloyisius, scion of Humanitas and
                                       founder of the benevolent order