Funding for biodiversity project

SDickin133 sdickin133 at
Tue Mar 11 17:42:25 EST 1997

I am writing to you on behalf of my brother. He would really appreciate it
if anyone can offer help or advice. Please read his attached message:-

" I am currently working as a volunteer at the Royal Forest Department
in Thailand and I am shortly embarking on a three year research and
project investigating the use of insects as indicators of biodivesity at
Thung Yai Naresuan World Heritage site. (More details are available on

I intend to write up part of this research for a doctoral degree. However,
having raised sufficient funds for the actual research project I am unable
to find a university which is prepared to waive the cost of university
Also, I am unable to raise sufficient funding for the other expenses
associated with undertaking a PhD.

Has anyone got any ideas for funding ?

I am a UK citizen and have an upper second class BSc (hons) degree in
Biology and an MSc degree (attaining 65%) in Ecolgy. "

If anyone has any ideas for funding, places to look, other newsgroups to
post to etc. then please e-mail my brother directly. His e-mail address

Christopher_Dickinson at

Alternatively, you can reply to the newsgroup or to me directly.

Thankyou for reading this, and I hope someone can help him.

Steven Dickinson.