Factor V Leiden

Tremblay trem_bro at agt.net
Tue Mar 11 20:51:49 EST 1997

Hi, my name is Emil Tremblay.  A good friend of mine was recently

diagnosed with the genetic mutatioin "Factor V. Leiden".  The doctors

here don't know much about it, and I can't find all that much relevant

information either.  I do know that it has to do with a resistance to

activated protein C, and that it increases chances of thrombotic

episodes, but other than that, I can't find much.  I was wondering if

anyone knows anything about what exactly it is, and ways that it can be

treated.  Thanks for your time.