Minerals and how great they really are?

Marieke R. Koedood Zhao rkoedood at bio.bu.edu
Sat Mar 15 12:34:55 EST 1997

Not based on what I've read, but just wondering - if East-Asia has is
suporting such great numbers of people - why would the soil there be
any less over-used???

Marieke

Michael Batchelder (michael at saturn.caps.maine.edu) wrote:
: I have a question here for any and all to answer.  I recently was talking to a
: friend who told me about how important minerals are to the body, and that
: taking trace mineral suppliments can prolong life.  This person, who found her
: knowledge in a book, said that due to the over-used soil, we don't get as much
: minerals as we can use, and that some asians (where there is mineral-rich
: soil) have been shown to live as long as 140 to 160 years.  Now, sure this
: sounds completely odd, but the logic of the process works.  Not to say you can
: live to 160... that *is* stretching it.

: I am extremely interested in this, if not for my immortality, then at least
: for my bursting curiousity.  I welcome any and all opinions that any of you
: wish to send in my direction.  my email is: michael at saturn.caps.maine.edu
: Thanks all

: michael batchelder