question on cloning

Humphreys tama727 at rmii.com
Mon Mar 24 22:00:18 EST 1997

I hope that I am posting this in the right newsgroup, but I have a
question that I had hoped someone could help me with concerning
cloning. If we do develop the technology to clone humans, could
diseases that are not hereditary be passed to the clone? From what I
understand, the clone and the person the genetic material was taken
from would be more similar than identicle twins. Obviously, diseases
such as diabetes could be passed on, but I wonder about ones that
aren't hereditary.

Thanks