Preparation of collagen from rat tail

eunhee Bae eunheebl at KISTMAIL.KIST.RE.KR
Tue Mar 25 06:54:52 EST 1997

Dear Everyone:

I would like to know the precise protocol or the reference for the
preparation of collagen from rat tail. The refernce that I know now is
not acquirable in here.

Also, in primary culture, I would like to know the mean of 'neutralized
collagen'; because collagen is soluble in acetic acid, I think that
'neutralized' means pH-adjusted to netral. What is the precise method?

Finally, how much collagen would be used for the coating of petri dish
for primary culture?

I would appreciated if you answer me.

Sincerely yours,

SK Park