Q: Current status of research regarding BSE and CJD...

Sampo Syreeni decoy at edu.lahti.fi
Tue Mar 25 04:28:30 EST 1997

Reading some recent articles in the popular press and comparing their
allegations with what I think I know about BSE (mad-cow dicease), I
began to wonder if there is some really, really bad information out
there regarding its connections with CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob dicease).

So, what is the current state of the art in the research of BSE? What
are its known connections with CJD (I used to believe none. But...)?
Are there any good on-line resources on the issue? How about the prion
issue, has it been solved yet?

If you can, please answer by mail as well. I don't have the time to
properly keep up with the enormous amount of information flowing in
the USENET... Thanks in advance!
Sampo Syreeni (Decoy/dAWN), student, <decoy at edu.lahti.fi>