Electrophoresis for Very small peptides

Dean.Sequera at USSFO.Pharmacia.SE Dean.Sequera at USSFO.Pharmacia.SE
Fri Mar 28 15:01:19 EST 1997

In article <333ABA97.76C9 at cc.kangwon.ac.kr>,
  leehbong at CC.KANGWON.AC.KR ("Lee, Hee-Bong") wrote:

>  Hi ! Everyone.
>
>      I have been doing enzymatic mapping of  protein(550KDa)
>      A terrible problem of SDS-PAGE for very small peptides(1000~10
>      000Da) and the protein(550kDa) in same gel was occured.
>      Good resolution of very small peptide have to be needed!!!!
>
>      If you have an answer, to mail me!!!!!

This is not as easy as you might think. Not only does the polyacrylamide
need to be more concentrated, but the buffers have to be changes
significantly.

A full discussion can be found in "Current Protocols in Protein Science"
chapter 10.1.9 - 10.1.34. Volume 1, 1995