The human genom - how is it distributed?

Robert Lachmann rolach at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 28 10:07:34 EST 1997

Hi
I am having an arguement with a friend of mine about how the human genes
are distributed on the DNA.That is, whether the human genes are
distributed on both DNA strands or just on one.We were looking for an
answer in almost every biochemistry book there is but we didn`t find a
destinct answer to that problem. That is probably just because nobody
knows since it really might not be so important to know on what strand
that specific gene is.
Well at least I think the genom is distributed on both strands.

Please tell me(email) if you know an answer.

Thank you

Robert Lachmann
rolach at zedat.fu-berlin.de