The human genom - how is it distributed?

glover martin gwmartin at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 31 15:46:02 EST 1997

Robert Lachmann (rolach at zedat.fu-berlin.de) wrote:
: Hi
: I am having an arguement with a friend of mine about how the human genes
: are distributed on the DNA.That is, whether the human genes are
: distributed on both DNA strands or just on one.We were looking for an
: answer in almost every biochemistry book there is but we didn`t find a
: destinct answer to that problem. That is probably just because nobody
: knows since it really might not be so important to know on what strand
: that specific gene is.
: Well at least I think the genom is distributed on both strands.

I think genes can be on either strand of a chromosome.