Cri-Du-Chat

Jerry Learn learn at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 30 20:00:39 EST 1997

In article <6392gu$3dj at freenet-news.carleton.ca>,
bh658 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Robert J B Wilson) wrote:

> I have recently been told that the condition known as Cri-du-chat
> has been known to turn up in my family.  All I 'know' about this
> is that is a genetic defect, affecting the fifth pair of
> chromsomes; that it strikes some female offspring and that it is
> generally fatal.
> I would appreciate any information you could provide.
> Do you know of any newsgroup devoted to genetics? or WWW address?
> Thankyou so much for your help.
> Robert Wilson

The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Omim/> is ideal for searching for such
information via the WWW.  Here is a link to the entry for Cri-du-chat:

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Omim/dispmim?123450>
Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Health Sci. Ctr., Rm. K443-C      |
Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at u.washington.edu
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |   FAX: (206) 616-1575
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |