"Mushrooms of Northeastern North America"

Basidium basidium at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 01:15:02 EST 1997

I am pleased to announce a new website for the new book, "Mushrooms of
Northeastern North America" by Alan E. Bessette, Arleen R. Bessette, and
David W. Fischer. (1997, Syracuse Univ. Press):

http://members.aol.com/mycology/monena/

The posting of this website coincides with the long-awaited publication of
this enyclopedic new book, which features 642 color photos and nearly 1,500
species found from Kansas to North Carolina, Manitoba to Newfoundland.in
its 582 (7" x 10") pages.

We are confident that you will find this book a uniquely valuable addition
to the available illustrated literature.

Included in the 16-page website complex are:
–a list of taxa treated and illustrated (adapted from the book's index);
–the book's "Key to the Genera of Gilled Mushrooms";
–the book's Preface and Acknowledgments;
–a new "Links" page;
–ordering information for the book, including a special 33% discount offer; and
–eight sample illuistrations and descriptions.

On behalf of myself, my co-authors (Alan and Arleen Bessette), and the
publisher, I encourage those of you with appropriate websites to provide a
prominent link to this new website. If you would to include a small (206x72
pixels, 6711 bytes) JPEG of the cover and the book's title, you can find
one posted at:
http://members.aol.com/basidium/monena.jpg

I encourage you to share this information with any friends or colleagues
whom you believe would find this book of interest, and I thank you for your
attention.

Best wishes,

:-Dave  (David W. Fischer)
<http://members.aol.com/xerula/xprt.html>
Coauthor, "Edible Wild Mushrooms of North America" and "Mushrooms of
Northeastern North America" // Site Administrator, "Mushroomers Online!"