Kill the SPAMs!

taguebw at REMOVEwfu.edu taguebw at REMOVEwfu.edu
Tue Sep 16 06:33:47 EST 1997

In article <5vlk2l$i6f$1 at oravannahka.Helsinki.FI>, Dag Stenberg
<stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:

> Seeing that some days the complete content of bionet.general consists of
> spam, whereas other newsgroups I frequent all have less than 50% spam
> content, it came to me: does the word "general" attract especially many
> spammers? What would be better: change of name or moderated group?
>
> Dag STenberg

This may be true: there are a number of city specific ng's that use
"general"; i.e., the baltimore newgroup is ba.general. The name may be
part of the problem with spam in this group.

My 2 electrons,
Brian.

--
Remove "REMOVE" to reply