Questions in Gene Therapy of Myocardial Ischemia

Shi-Dong Jia sdjia at usa.net
Tue Apr 7 10:04:10 EST 1998

Dear sir,

I am now a Ph.D. student, and I am planned to do the research work in
Therapeutic Angiogenesis of Myocardial Ischemia now.  I hope to get your
instruction about the following questions:

1. What is the relationship between VEGF family and FGF family, among
which
it were mentioned an significant improvement when VEGF and b-FGF given
together. Furthermore, I want to get the exact nature when VEGF and
FGF-5
used together [I am not aware of combined use of VEGF and FGF-5 for gene

therapy]..
2. Where and how can I get detailed material about Ameroid Constrictor
used
in Ischemic Myocardium [look for papers by Ellis Unger]?
3. Is Adenovirus Vector via direct injection a good way for VEGF or
FGF-5
transferred to Ischemic Porcine Myocardium? Could your suggest some
better
methods [presently direct intramuscle injection is the best approach]?

Any response would be greatly appreciated, and I do hope to get your
guidance.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Shi-Dong Jia