Questions in Gene Therapy of Myocardial Ischemia

Shi-Dong Jia sdjia at
Tue Apr 7 10:04:10 EST 1998

Dear sir,

I am now a Ph.D. student, and I am planned to do the research work in
Therapeutic Angiogenesis of Myocardial Ischemia now.  I hope to get your
instruction about the following questions:

1. What is the relationship between VEGF family and FGF family, among
it were mentioned an significant improvement when VEGF and b-FGF given
together. Furthermore, I want to get the exact nature when VEGF and
used together [I am not aware of combined use of VEGF and FGF-5 for gene

2. Where and how can I get detailed material about Ameroid Constrictor
in Ischemic Myocardium [look for papers by Ellis Unger]?
3. Is Adenovirus Vector via direct injection a good way for VEGF or
transferred to Ischemic Porcine Myocardium? Could your suggest some
methods [presently direct intramuscle injection is the best approach]?

Any response would be greatly appreciated, and I do hope to get your

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Shi-Dong Jia