quoting reference from www

Vera Besse Vera_Besse at unet.univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 22 02:50:24 EST 1998

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:03:45 +0000, J Loh <jloh at cyberway.com.sg> wrote:
>Is there a international accepted protocol or way of referencing
>web articles yet?
This is a text, which was posted in January ago in sci.bio.ecology:

Here's my collection of citation references:

     The Editorial Eye - Citing Internet Resources
	http://www.eeicom.com/eye/utw/96aug.html

     William Paterson University - Guide for Citing Electronic
Information
	http://www.wilpaterson.edu/wpcpages/library/citing.htm

     Bibliographic Formats for Citing Electronic Information
        http://www.uvm.edu/~ncrane/estyles/

     National Library of Canada - Citation Guides for Electronic
Documents
        http://www.nlc-bnc.ca./ifla/I/training/citation/citing.htm

    also see:

	Turabian,K. 1996. A Manual for Writers... (6th ed) ss 8.141

	International Standards Organization (ISO 690-2)

David Kirschtel               |
Dept. of Botany               |    Nature didn't know we were coming
Univ. of Vermont              |    and, quite frankly, doesn't give
Burlington, VT 05405-0086     |         a damn that we're here.

tel   802.656.0429            |      - Stephen J. Gould,
email dkirscht at moose.uvm.edu  |        Darwin's Revolution in Thought:
http://www.uvm.edu/~dkirscht  |        an an illustrated lecture

and a collection of links:

http://www.sccu.edu/faculty/R_Harris/evalu8it.htm
("Evaluating Internet Research Sources")

http://cs.art.rmit.edu.au/projects/media/hypertext/citation/web_citati
on.html
http://www.coastal.edu/services/lib/citing.htm
http://english.ttu.edu/acw/ http://ernie.bgsu.edu/~skrause/Lists.html
http://falcon.eku.edu/honors/beyond-mla/
http://kalama.doe.hawaii.edu/hern95/pt035/
http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/units/sel/general/cite.htm
http://www.beadsland.com/weapas/
http://www.cas.usf.edu/english/walker/mla.html
http://www.cc.emory.edu/WHSCL/citation.formats.html
http://www.daemen.edu/services/wspace/default.html
http://www.hamline.edu/library/
http://www.lafayette.edu/library/homepage.html
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet
/MLAStyleSheet.html
http://www.lib.uconn.edu/English/
http://www.muhlenberg.edu/library/ref/ref_sty.html
http://www.uvm.edu/~xli/reference/apa.html
http://www.uvm.edu/~xli/reference/mla.html
http://www.valpo.edu/eis/Writing_Center.html

Also, David L. McNeely, University of Texas at
Brownsville, wrote:
"I have in front of me a little book by Andrew Harnack and Eugene
Kleppinger that I recommend to my students and that I think will
become the standard.  (_Online!  A Reference Guide to Using Internet
Sources_. St. Martin's Press, Inc.  1997).  There is also a web site
by the same name (<http://www.smpcollege.com/online-styles~help>).  I
haven't looked at the site yet, but the book is very good, and gives
bibliographic style recommendations  for CBE, MLA, APA and Chicago
Manual of Style.  Of course, for most of us, most of the time, CBE is
what we follow.  The book also discusses how to USE the internet as a
source of information, including a section on evaluating the
reliability of an Internet source.  That is a subject that has
generated some controversy on this list."

Karin E. Limburg
Dept. of Systems Ecology
University of Stockholm
S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

Though it isn't my work, I also quoted the sigs of the people, who have done
it. I hope they don't mind, because they published it elsewhere.

Vera

Homepage: http://unet.univie.ac.at/~a8705125/index_e.html
No Junk-Mail! Replace 'Vera_Besse' with 'a8705125'.....