plasmid question

Andrea Galli pcboom.andrea at flashnet.it
Sat Aug 22 14:59:32 EST 1998

Just guessing, my first thought was an insertion problem. Maybe the
mutation happened in/near the replication region and affected also one
restriction site, thus causing the "elongation" of the previous short
fragment.

You should give some more info:
	what kind of plasmid is it ?
	where it is mantained ?
	what sites does it contains (e.g. polilinker, ori-c, boxes, etc) ?

SeeYa, Andrea Galli