Medicine's Ten Greatest Discoveries

tom c. cigolott at
Fri Aug 28 15:16:44 EST 1998

In message <6s347p$7rk at> -
sbharris at B. Harris) writes:

<<<<<<,,el snippola >>>>>>....

)   And in my mind also is ever the picture of Louis Pasteur, partly
)paralyzed by a stroke, leaning close to the face of a rabid and
)snarling bulldog held down by a lab assistant, in order to mouth-pipet
)a sample of saliva.  There were giants in those days.  I don't consider
)Jenner one of them.
)               Steve Harris, M.D.

Tis surely amazing how this fertile period of discovery [natural
science] has bin forgotten.

....and go figure those early biochemists who could figure out
complex organic molecules and d-l's with only testtubes and no
electricity.....and the list goes on