Incubation of yeast in 96-well plate

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Fri Dec 4 05:20:52 EST 1998

In article <3667B61A.390E0A7B at gaebyok.wonkwang.ac.kr>,
skpark at gaebyok.wonkwang.ac.kr wrote:

> Dear everyone:
> for selection of transformed yeast, one can culture each clones on
> 96-well plate for next dot blot. Then, how can I shake the plate? I
> think the shaking efficiency of the plate is not so good that yeast
> cannot be in suspension, resulting very slow growth. I would appreciate
> for experiencer's comment. Thanks.
> sincerely,
> Park, Seung Kyu, M. Sc.

The yeast plate shakers used here are somewhat like vortex
mixers with plate adapters.  The  yeast appear to have
reasonable growth kinetics and stay in suspension.  The motion
is nearer a vibration than a shake.  The main problem is
finding a model that can be left on overnight (or longer)
without overheating within the 30degC incubator.
     I hope that this helps,
          Bernard

PS: You may wish to post to bionet.molbio.yeast as the people
there are very knowledgable.
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD