GET IN A BETTER M0OD !

SNAP.OUT at PRODIGY.NET SNAP.OUT at PRODIGY.NET
Fri Feb 6 22:45:14 EST 1998

For all your internet marketing go to http://www.submit200.com
Submit200 For All Your Marketing Needs.
 The following detailed letter may be of great importance to you and those you love.  If the information  is not relevent to you, I apologize for the intrusion.  Unless you choose, you will not be contacted again.    Thank You.

      ARE YOU TOO MOODY?

	 DO YOU WORRY TOO MUCH?

		ARE YOU  TOO SELF CRITICAL?

                                       DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE STICKING WITH GOALS?

IF ANY OF THESE ARE TRUE, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO YOURSELF AGAIN !!

 		Hello, my name is Dr. Norm Ephraim, a licensed psychologist in Boston, Mass. with more than 25 years experience helping people improve their lives.  We all "talk to ourselves" but some of us talk more negatively to ourselves than others.  Research has shown quite clearly that NEGATIVE SELF TALK is a major factor in both ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION, as well as everyday problems of PESSIMISM, PROCRASTINATION AND ORDINARY BAD MOODS.

	In my own practice, I have often seen the distress caused by my client's negative inner conversations and, believe me, it's painful to witness!  Such statements as "I CAN'T DO IT"or " I'M NOT THIS ENOUGH OR THAT ENOUGH"  really take a toll on our well being.  Over the past six years in Boston, I've worked hard to develop and perfect a workshop to deal with this negativity.  It's  called "ELIMINATING YOUR NEGATIVE SELF TALK".   Participants have found the ideas and experiences so unique and powerful , in fact, that it has motivated me this past year to organize the materials into a HOME STUDY PROGRAM.

The program is called  MOOD SHIFTING:  THE KEY TO HAPPIER MOODS.  As I've begun offering this program to professional colleagues and the general public, I've gotten wonderful feedback. Often I've been asked the following six questions so let me answer them for you now.

1. HOW DOES THE MOOD SHIFTING PROGRAM WORK?

  The Mood Shifting Program is an 8 week home study program that teaches you how to shift from a negative to a positive state of mind rapidly and easily.  The key to the program is in the title: MOOD SHIFTING.

All of us shift our moods frequently.  Sometimes we feel expansive, confident, and have greater peace of mind.  Other times we feel small and insecure. Each state of mind is often triggered by different experiences.  Our confident states, which we label " good moods" usually occur when we're involved in something we really love or feel confident about.  It also occurs when we feel close to someone.  In contrast, our 'bad moods" usually occur when we experience some frustration, disappointment, or loss. I call the confident mood an ADULT STATE and the negative mood  an INSECURE CHILD STATE.  That's right !!.  When we're feeling negative, pessimistic, and self critical, for instance, we're actually experiencing the insecurities of a child  state of mind    In fact, much of our negative self talk involves our annoyance with ourselves for being in such an insecure childlike state.  We say things to ourselves like "GROW UP"  or " IT'S STUPID TO FEEL LIKE THIS". The result is that w!
e dig a hole for ourselves.  We feel bad to begin with and then we make ourselves feel worse.

In the program, you'll learn how to shift from a child to an adult  state quickly, easily, and, most importantly, COMPASSIONATELY.   Because, you see,  IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT YOU'VE GONE INTO A CHILD STATE !.  We all have them.  It's just that the place each of us goes when in a child state depends on the kind of childhood we had.   That's why we have to be compassionate toward ourselves when we're in a child state of mind.. YES, WE DO HAVE TO GET OUR ADULT STATE BACK AGAIN.    In fact, FEELING ADULT IS WHAT MAKES US FEEL HAPPIEST. It's just that criticizing ourselves won't make that happen  The plain truth is that we can ONLY feel strong if we accept and deal effectively with our unique child state experience when it occurs.  And that's what the Mood Shifting Progam is about: ACCEPTANCE AND CHANGE.

The program comes with a 150 page STEP BY STEP WORKBOOK and a 60 minute (four part) SELF HYPNOSIS TAPE.    Each section addresses your personal concerns both directly and powerfully.  As each week passes you'll be amazed as your moods become more positive and your negativity increasingly fades away.

2  HOW EFECTIVE CAN A HOME STUDY PROGRAM REALLY BE?

As a psychotherapist for many years, I deeply respect the  power of the psychotherapy relationship to help people grow and change.  At the same time, I've realized again and again that people CAN grasp powerful concepts and use them-either as part of therapy, or on their own.  The key is making these ideas available in a meaningful and enjoyable way.  The Mood Shifting Program has these qualities in abundance.  As one client  said recently:

    "I've tried those "visualize the positive" motivational tapes but they were a waste of time. They just made me feel guiltier about being so negative! This program really works.  It helps me understand my negativity and let up on myself. I've always been able to be nice to others.  Now I'm finally able to be nice to myself. The self hypnosis tape is especially soothing"

3. ISN'T PROZAC OR ST. JOHN'S WORT THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEMS?

In my practice,  I've seen  the effectiveness of Prozac and St. John's Wort in lessening negative self talk. Research, and my own clinical experience, has shown,however,  that while such medications can provide a valuable cushion to one's negativity, they don't permanently remove it.  One still needs to deal with the underlying patterns of negative thinking.

4. TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR CREDENTIALS?

I am a licensed psychologist in private practice just outside of Boston, Mass.  I've been in clinical practice since 1969 and have specialized in helping clients who struggle with anxiety, depression and motivation/achievement problems.  I am accredited both by the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology and by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.  I live with my wife  ( also a psychologist) and a 5 year old daughter. By the way, for those who would like assurance of my authenticity, please call the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Psychology at  617-727-9925.

5..  HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?

I know psychotherapy is expensive.  My hourly fee is $100.  Even when I slide my fee downward  $10 or $20, it's still expensive for many people.  That's why it pleases me to be able to offer the Mood Shifting Program for a very reasonable cost.  Both the workbook and self hypnosis tape are only $34.95 plus $5.00 for shipping and handling or $39.95 total.

What's more, I'm so confident that you'll enjoy this program that you'll have a full 30 days to look it over.  If it doesn't seem right for you, just return it ( in new condition) and I'll cheerfully refund your money.  I'll even include a FREE GIFT!.  If you order right away I'll include a FREE INTRODUCTORY TAPE called  "ELIMINATING YOUR NEGATIVE SELF TALK". On one side is a full presentation of the program and on the other is a brief self hypnosis experience.  This $10.value is yours to keep whether or not you  decide to continue with the program.

6  .HOW DO I GET A COPY?

You can get the Mood Shifting Progrm by using the order form below:

____________________________ ____cut  here____________________________________

Please send a check or money order for $39.95 to:

				Norm Ephraim, Ed.D.
				P.O. Box 331
				Concord, Mass. 01742

           NOTE:    Because of mailbox limitations I will NOT be able to respond to any  inquiries by E-MAIL.  However,  if you would like to know if the Mood Shifting Program would help you with your particular  concerns, please write to me at the above "snail mail" address. Include your e-mail address and I will respond to you right away.

                           Whether you purchase this program or not, I wish you all the best.

				GOOD  LUCK !!

                                                                 Norm Ephraim, Ed.D
                                                                Licensed  Psychologist.