help with career

William R. Penrose wpenrose at
Mon Jun 8 22:31:49 EST 1998

Frank wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 20:19:09 GMT, HILARY ADAMS <hilary at>
> wrote:
> >Um sorry, wrong E-Mail address on post. It's supposed to be--
> >bryanm at
> >>
> >> I have been studying Coleoptera on my own for about a year and a half
> >> now and am wanting to pursue a career in the field. I find the study
> >> fascinating.
> If you're looking for a career in plant science, I'd suggest getting a
> well paying job and doing something with plants as a hobby.  There are
> far too many plant science people looking for work.  Also, one of the
> main employers, Pioneer Hy-Bred, just lost 8 greenhouses of research
> in a fire.

(Psst.  Frank.  Coleoptera aren't plants.)

Information on gas sensors and related instruments:
Check us out at
Bill Penrose, President, Custom Sensor Solutions, Inc.
   526 West Franklin Avenue, Naperville IL 60540, USA
   630-548-3548, fax 630-369-9618,
   email wpenrose at
Purveyors of contract R&D and product development to this
and nearby galaxies.