Evolutionist becomes a Creationist November Tour

Christopher A. Lee chrislee at netcom.com
Sun Nov 1 23:43:22 EST 1998

First of all, this has nothing whatsoever to do with alt.atheism
and I doubt if it has much to do with the other newsgroups you're
cross-posting to, either:
 alt.agnosticism,
 alt.atheism,
 alt.philosophy,
 bionet.biology,
 bionet.general,
 sci.skeptic,
 talk.atheism

You know very well that evolution is not a belief, but the label
given to a set of observations that won't disappear even though
liars like you and Oakland try to deny them out of existence.

Would you care to explain just how, if there is no such thing as
evolution, science has gone on in the last hundred or more years
to investigate the mechanisms behind it, and how those mechanisms
work? And how spinoff sciences and technologies which simply
wouldn't exist without the facts that are called "evolution"m
work the way they do if there's no such thing? You know, little
things like genetics, genetic engineering etc - without which
modern meedicinne and agriculture wouldn't exist in the form
they do.

Would you also care to explain why more Christians (numerically)
than atheists accept the facts of evolution even in the educationally
backward USA?

In article <01be0618$bc1f4420$166ea1cf at Casem.pangea.ca> "Casey" <casem at pangea.ca> writes:
>An Evolutionist Becomes a Creationist
>    (Please watch for updated versions of this poster)
>     Roger Oakland a former evolutionist turned creationist will be doing a
>lecture tour through the province of Manitoba from November 13 through
>November 23.   His tour will start in Virden and end in Morden with several
>lectures being given in Winnipeg and area (See schedule below).
>
>     He is a former biology instructor who taught first and second year
>students at the University of Saskatchewan.  He believed and taught the
>foundational beliefs of evolution.    Tragedy struck his home as a young
>married man and the scientific realities of that tragedy changed his life
>and transformed his understanding.

If he "believed" in evolution he should not have been allowed to
teach any of the sciences. Because nobody needs to "believe" it
any more than they need to "believe" the Earth orbits the Sun.

>     For the last 20 years Roger Oakland  has spoken in numerous churches,
>conferences, universities, and educational facilities in over 35 countries.
> He is a lecturer, author, and founder of an internationally -recognized
>ministry called Understand the Times.
>
>     He has been a guest speaker at the Goddard Space Institute in
>Washington, D.C. to over 500 NASA engineers and scientists.   Another
>unique engagement found him lecturing to Russia's Institute for Science and
>Atheism in Moscow.    He was involved in the CBS nationally televised
>documentary series "Ancient Mysteries of the Bible."

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha......