POLL: Are you interested in EndNote for Linux?

January Weiner nospam_jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Oct 7 08:55:40 EST 1998

[ Chris Boyd ]
> Unfortunately fellow biologists rarely have the inclination to learn
> TeX/LaTeX/BibTeX (because they usually prefer not to tackle things that
> have any level of abstraction) and are consequently easy prey for
> Microsoft.

	Control question: when you're doing your scientific work, do you
prefer not to tackle things that have any level of abstraction? As a
scientist and biologist? ROTFL!
	As for the use of LaTeX - I admit it is sometimes not a
straightforward tool to use, but I really think there are biologists who do
use it. Like myself. Take a look at

	http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~jweiner1/genes.gif

or

	http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~jweiner1/Map/

	...to see, what can be done with LaTeX.

	As for the bibliography, I think that BibTeX is a very good system,
with all possible export/import capabilities, and as for LaTeX - well,
having (K)lyx installed on your machine let's you use it without fumbling
with the LaTeX code (and *if* you want to learn the code, you can do it
easier by using lyx). Dual boot is a waste of space for me :-)

		Regards,
						January

Bibliography :-)

1. http://www.kde.org
2. http://la1ad.uio.no/lyx/
3. http://www-pu.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/users/ettrich/

--
Quis porro Asia aut Africa aut Italia relicta Germaniam peteret, informem