Genetic engineering is a Good Thing?

Lourens Lourens at gengler.iaf.nl
Thu Oct 8 10:23:00 EST 1998

On 08 Oct 98 Oz at upthorpe.demon.co.uk wrote:

>In article <1998Oct7.134428.20146 at jarvis.cs.toronto.edu>, Beverly
>Erlebacher <bae at cs.toronto.edu> writes

>>A survey of veterinarians found that pet dogs are four times more
>>likely to get leukemia if they belong to families that use
>>commercial lawn services to spray their lawns with pesticides on a
>>regular basis.  It's too hard to gather data on the children who
>>play on the lawns with the dogs, however.
>
>I wouldn't mind betting that those families also had children with
>significantly more plastic toys than the rest too.

Even when this survey would have eliminated ALL other aspects that
might have influenced the results, one might conclude that spraying
your lawn with pesticides, and inmiediately let your dog or child paly
on it, is not a good practice.

I supose nobody would lick at an insect repelent as well. Nor would
somebody eat the soup when it is still 95 degr.C

Read the label. Consider the waiting-time.

lourens