Genetic engineering is a Good Thing?

Oz Oz at upthorpe.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 12:51:32 EST 1998

In article <6vimbd$vbs$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>, irv4vz0c at my-dejanews.com
writes

>My point exactly.  The reason I quote Bhopal and Vietnam is that "the proper
>handling" must also include its production and all the uses it is prescribed
>for anywhere in the world, not just in the industrialised West.

I don't agree. Surprising though it may seem to some americans they do
not own the world, nor do they have any de-facto right to tell people in
other countries what to do. Consequently other countries have the right
to misuse anything their government decides. It would be utterly absurd
to say that because another country misuses something, it should be
banned in the US.

So you are making an utterly mindless suggestion.

--
Oz