Sci Job/Career Resource (new URL)

Arthur E. Sowers arthures at access1.digex.net
Sat Oct 10 22:00:55 EST 1998

A Website For Life Long Science Job & Career Information:

http://scientistlifeboat.com

If you think your career is unsinkable, then you don't need this.
But if you believe in safety, make sure you know where your "lifeboat"
is when you take that big ship on the voyage of life.

Bookmark that URL now.

The website will be growing and always FREE (no fees needed or membership
in special groups).

The website will be for people of all ages, not just the "next
generation."

AN EXTENSIVE RESOURCE OF JOB, CAREER, AND BUSINESS INFORMATION!
Not only for getting into science and science-related careers, but
for transitioning into other careers, jobs, livelyhoods when

 -trends go against you,
 -funding ceases,
 -organizations downsize or reengineer or merge or are bought out
    leaving you without a job-career,
 -you get old enough (in your 40s or more) where age-discrimination
    affects you, or
 -you get a political backstab and they give you a bad
    recommendation, too.

EXTENSIVE EXTERNAL REFERENCES TO OTHER WEBSITES!
The site will have many URLs for many other websites (even our
competitors) with valuable information on jobs and careers, legal
resources, trend studies, and networking contacts. We will not focus only
on our own opinions.

WHAT WILL THE FUTURE BE LIKE?
The site will have titles of significant books on jobs and careers and
reviews of at least some of those books. Another group of book titles and
reviews will deal with an analysis of the present and past and estimates
of where the world is heading in the next one to two decades.

WE ANSWER ALL EMAIL -- NO EXCUSES!
The site will continually evolve and grow. Email feedback will be
appreciated and help direct the future development of the site and this
message.

Art Sowers
Written in the public interest, the essays on
"Contemporary Problems in Science Jobs" are located at:
http://scientistlifeboat.com
Snail mail adr to me: P.O.Box 489, Georgetown, DE 19947
Email:  arthures at dmv.com  OR  arthures at magpage.com
My "home" newsgroup: sci.research.careers