Indologist confirms maize in ancient sculptures

Jonathan Stone jonathan at Cup.DSG.Stanford.EDU
Tue Oct 27 17:31:11 EST 1998

In article <715c2s$fh9$2 at nnews.ims.com>, brianm at ims.com (Brian McLaughlin) writes:

|> I still say that kernals, husks and cornsilk would yield a
|> complete identification as maize. I have yet to see these
|> three elements, but I will try to hunt up the publications
|> you mentioned.

There is also the question of how the beading pattern changes as the
object narrows at the top. doe the number of beads stay relatively
consant but shrink in size, or do they stay about the same size but
reduce in number?

i havent noticed a True Beleivers answer that question yet;
did i miss it?