Medicine's Ten Greatest Discoveries:Fee-for-Service

Kurt Ullman kurtullman at
Wed Sep 9 07:55:36 EST 1998

In article <F9tJ1.2898$c3.5326264 at>, "David Lloyd-Jones"
<dlj at> wrote:

>You still don't seem to get it: if the AMA controlled the boards, why would
>chiropractors and +ACI-psychologists+ACI- be legally practicing medicine?

        That's an easy one... AMA lost an antitrust suit quite a few years

"We Americans like our populism in small doses and preferably from an elitist.  A Democrat populist might mean what he says and take our new Toro away because a family down the street can't afford the self-starting kind with the de-thatching attachment.  A Republican populist will only indulge in popular types of populism and will then get back in his Cadillac and behave."
       ---PJ O'Rourke