My sci career-related website may have to move....

Arthur E. Sowers arthures at access5.digex.net
Tue Sep 15 15:11:06 EST 1998

.... and I don't know what exactly to do about it.

As you know, corporations live for a while and grow, die, or get eaten up
by bigger fish. Rumors are pounding here at Digex (they even closed down
our internal digex.general newsgroup for users without any explanation)
that shell account will go up in smoke, small homepage owners (like me)
might go up in smoke, etc., all because some big outfit in Florida bought
them out recently and all the local staff are in the dark. One thing is
certain, the new management is going after corporate accounts and to hell
with dialup accounts.

I have plans, but the big problem is that my website is externally linked
on a bunch of other websites and getting in touch with someone at each
one who can do something about this, like change the external link, may
not be practical. I'm interested in hearing ideas, suggestions, etc.

And, of course, I didn't have a three year, six figure bankroll and a full
page advert in the journal _Science_, big corporate & gov't sponsors, like
Next Wave had, to get a big readership.

For those who might be interested, I am planning an expansion of my
science career website and possibly add material more often.

I will post developments as they occur and as I make decisions.

Art Sowers
Written in the public interest, the essays on
"Contemporary Problems in Science Jobs" are located at:
http://www.access.digex.net/~arthures/homepage.htm
hit stats: http://www.access.digex.net/~arthures/.stats
THIS WEBSITE WILL BE MOVING IN THE NEAR FUTURE
Snail mail adr to me: P.O.Box 489, Georgetown, DE 19947
Email:  arthures at dmv.com  OR  arthures at magpage.com
My "home" newsgroup: sci.research.careers