Evolution

Christopher CHAN, CMD YMCHAN at hkpc.org
Sun Apr 11 05:21:36 EST 1999

Dear Netters,

I am trying to understand more about evolution and try to clear up some
misconception about evolution. Since I am no longer in the university, I
would appreciate if you can bear with me, and my lack of access to
library. I am looking for information and expert's opinion on the following:

1. What is the current definition of evolution?
2. The (minimium?) requirement of evolution.
3. What is directed evolution especially in term of protein engineering?
4. Adatption vs natural selection in evolution
5. The effect of neutral changes like genetic drift in evolution.
6. How different is evolution in sexual and asexual organism population?
7. What actually is the "missing link"? What is the "answer" to missing link
problem?
8. What is the evolution dynamics?

I remember that there used to be a newsgroup called sci.bio.evolution,
how can I subscribe to it?

Many thanks for your help.

Christopher