B cell mitogen ?

Jakub Regieli jregieli at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 10 22:27:05 EST 1999

I'm trying to achieve polyclonal activation(and proliferation) of
B-lymphocytes in vitro.
I'm having difficulty finding the right stimulus (mitogen or MAb) to add

to culture, to stimulate specifically B lymphocytes.

I tried Lipopolysaccharide (Sigma E.Coli 055:B5), and Staphylococcus
Aureus Cowan I (Calbiochem, product name Pansorbin).
None of these worked, as they should according to literature. I might be

using the wrong clone or origin of the stimulating agents. I'm working
with peripheral blood of cynomolgus monkeys.
I'm not sure where to obtain anti-IgM antibody that would crossreact.

Does someone have a suggest where to search for the correct mitogen?

I'd appreciate any help/directions you could give me.
--Please reply both to group and to JREGIELI at STANFORD.EDU

--
Jakub J. Regieli