BIOLOGICAL ALCHEMY !

Rolf Bombach bombach at bluemail.ch
Mon Nov 15 10:36:46 EST 1999

skeptix at efn.org schrieb:

> rmcelwaine at visto.com wrote:
>
> >                A very simple experiment can demonstrate (PROVE) the
> >           FACT of " BIOLOGICAL TRANSMUTATIONS" (reactions like Mg + O
> >           --> Ca, Si + C --> Ca, K + H --> Ca, N2 --> CO, etc.)
> >                (4) Separately incinerate both groups.
> >
> >                (5) Weigh the residue from each group.  [The residue of
> >                    the sprouted group will usually weigh at least
> >                    SEVERAL PERCENT MORE than the other group.]
>
> Shock! Horror!
> This is a phenomenon known as 'carbon fixation', where CO2 from the
> atmosphere is photosynthesised into sugars and eventually structural
> components of the plant such as cellulose. You may find some mention of it
> in recent text books.

Well, after incineration the fixated CO2 is freed again...
If not, the increase of mass is surely larger than "SEVERAL
PERCENT". This comment is not to support the above theory,
of course, but to put the discussion on fair grounds.

What makes me shudder is the mass defect in these reactions.
Mg + O --> Ca + 1.5 GJ/mol, according E=mc^2. Damn dangerous,
these plants, but cold fusion was never without risks :-)
(To original author: CHECK your KEYBOARD, SEEMS your CAPS key is
STICKING).

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Yes, look at deja.com. This discussion reappears/repeats itself
again and again.
--
Dr. Rolf Bombach              phone  +41 56 310 24 77
CH-5232 Villigen PSI          fax    +41 56 310 26 24