silver-staining

Bohlen.Hintz at t-online.de Bohlen.Hintz at t-online.de
Thu Nov 25 20:07:09 EST 1999

To stain degenerated nerve-fibers, the Fink-Heimer-method is a good
choice; unfortunately I have to use uranyl-nitrate for it - this
substance is radioactive and therefore no longer  topurchase.
Is there a substance I can use instead of uranylnitrate to archieve
the same results?
Or is there another good staining method to visualize degenerated
neurons?
There is a staining calle NAUTA - but I have not the protocol for it -
do you have it ?
And do I need uranylnitrate for it?
Do you could help me - perhaps with another staining-protocol or -
have you an idea how to substitute uranyl-nitrate in the
Fink-Heimer-protocol?