how to make agar-agar?

Allan Adler ara at zohar.ai.mit.edu
Tue Oct 5 02:54:44 EST 1999

I've read that agar-agar is made from a red seaweed named Ceylon
moss (Gracilaria lichenoides). I would like to know details of how
this is done. Do you know of literature I can read on this, either
books, articles or websites?

Allan Adler
ara at altdorf.ai.mit.edu

*  Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial       *
*              Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect    *
*              in any way on MIT. Morever, I am nowhere near the Boston    *
*              metropolitan area.                                          *