the storage of the recombinant plasmid

Kristine E Gouveia Kristine.Gouveia at bms.com
Thu Sep 16 09:34:34 EST 1999

Hi Zeng,
I have been told not to store expression vectors in BL21.  If the
protein is toxic the bacteria will naturally want to alter the protein
in some way in order to protect itself.  I usually store my expression
vectors in a strain such as JM109.  When I need to purify some more
protein I do a fresh transformation.  Have you tried to retransform
your plasmid?
Kristine Gouveia
Bristol-Myers Squibb
Wallingford, CT