Gene Q's

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at
Tue Apr 4 10:04:12 EST 2000

In article <8cb47q$1mm$1 at>,
"Tony" <tony at> wrote:
> My office was discussing genes today and I thought I'd ask someone else that
> should know.
> If both mother and father have blue eyes what is the probability that their
> children will have brown eyes. (I think it's 0% because brown is dominant
> and blue is recessive, but I'm admitting I could be wrong)

Check out the website for "Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man" (OMIM):

It has a searchable index. Entering the phrase "eye color" will turn up
some entries (the bottom line is that it's not that simple).

Nick Theodorakis
nicholas_theodorakis at

Sent via
Before you buy.